Silky cream flows through the channel and under a dark dense bridge of black sesame brownie.
But here's the scoop, our toddler was napping and I had 1hr to make and photograph some delicious brownie goodness.
So, I turned to the cupboard.
Black Sesame Brownie - Box Remix
Mix 2 tablespoons water, 1/3 cup vegetable oil, and 2 eggs in a bowl.
Add brownie mix (I had Ghirardelli).
- Blend 1/4 cup of black sesame and enough safflower oil (about 2 tbsp) to make a paste. Add the sesame paste to the mix.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 40-45 min. They might appear under baked, but they should cool to gooey, not soupy.
Mix on low heat:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup Dark Cocoa (or dark chocolate chips)
- 1/4 cup of maple sugar (add to taste depending on how sweet you like it)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Once the brownies are cool enough for icing. Spread the icing and top with lots of black sesame, enough to form a lovely black crust.
Served warm over lightly whipped heavy cream and ready for scooping in a Solid Black Channel Bowl.
The Black Channel Bowl was crafted with love for scooping and we wanted to fill it with something truly decadent and scoopable. This Brownie was the perfect treat.
Each Solid Black Channel Bowl is individually pressed and hand finished with a satin glaze. Crafted for scooping and made with love in Portland, Oregon.