This salty, sweet, spicy tomato soup was delicious from start to finish.
Tomato Basil Bisque with a Hit of Hot Sauce
- On the stovetop, heat up 3 garlic cloves & oil. Toss up 2 onions until golden.
- Pour in 1 can of crushed peeled tomatoes. 1/2 cup of apple juice, 3 1/2 cups of chicken stock.
Season with 1 tsp of Cayenne (or more if you like it spicy), salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer for 10 min.
- Blend it for a smoother, thicker soup.
- Mix in 3/4 a cup of heavy cream and a cup or bunch of torn basil.
- Serve it up with a swirl of crème fraiche, and a splash of hot sauce. Our family loves Tapatia.
Served in a Channel Bowl for scooping and sipping every last drop :)