This soup is a family favorite all year round. It's a power booster when having summer fun and an immune booster in the winter. This bowl is loaded with carrots, spinach, mushrooms, cabbage, onion, cauliflower and broccoli...but you can also add any seasonal ingredients from the garden. So don't stop at 7 veggies if you're inspired to add more! Served in a Solid Black Channel Bowl, locally-crafted for scooping & sipping every last yummy bite.
Seven Veggie Power Pasta Soup
- Cook pasta in a medium pot: Boil salty water and oil. Add 2 cups of Orecchiette Pasta. I like to add 2 sliced carrots and the cauliflower with the pasta. It adds yummy flavor. Check the Orecchiette after 10 minutes, should be slightly underdone, not too hard and definitely not soft.
- While pasta boils, in a separate medium saucepan, heat oil, 4 garlic cloves and 1 yellow onion over medium heat.
- Add a handful of broccoli florets, 1/4 of white cabbage and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Then add 1 cup of mushrooms. I add a mushroom medley depending on what our local grocer has in-store. Personally, I am not a fan of sliced mushrooms so I tear them by hand for a more organic feel.
- Squeeze half a lemon (adds vibrancy), salt, lots of pepper and a pinch of cayenne if you want some spice.
- Stir in 4 cups of veggie broth, a large handful of torn spinach and a spoonful of butter (vegan if you prefer). The butter adds a bit of creaminess but it won't be as thick as adding cream. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 5 minutes.
- If you like it smooth and colorful you can blend half the soup then return it to the pot. We have a 3 yr old and I like to blend 90% of the soup so he doesn’t pick through the veggies.
- Drain the pasta, cauliflower, and carrots then mix into the soup.
Delicious to the last drop in a Solid Black Channel Bowl.